DragonsPerch Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion, yes or not?

2 posters

Go down

Should we expand?

Expansion, yes or not? Vote_lcap0%Expansion, yes or not? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Expansion, yes or not? Vote_lcap100%Expansion, yes or not? Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]
Expansion, yes or not? Vote_lcap0%Expansion, yes or not? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 1

Expansion, yes or not? Empty Expansion, yes or not?

Post by AxelSariel Fri May 29, 2015 8:29 pm

Yesterday jims and I were talking about the overall space of DP2. Right now it's average size is 200x200. We do have some space left to expand to the south (aproximat. 100 blocks) and to the north we have a structure, who's owner is BlueFirebolt, we agreed in 40 block limit between our builds. I understand that expanding isn't a thing to do automatically, we have to think of the good and bad things it might conclude. Right now I think that we should stay like that, and then if we need more space expand south, and if there's some builds preventing us, we should negotiate with that build's owner. The target we are going is not bigger than 300x300 which I think is ok. My opinion is to stay like that, if we understand that more space is needed we expand 100 blocks south, wich will give us about 50% more space than now. I don't want DP to either run out of plots, or for the buildings to be too small. Tell us what u think about it and vote on the poll Smile

Thnx, AxelSariel
AxelSariel
AxelSariel
Admin

https://dp-site.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Expansion, yes or not? Empty Re: Expansion, yes or not?

Post by jims996 Sun May 31, 2015 5:17 pm

I don't it makes any sense to talk about expanding later. Once the village boundaries are set, that's pretty much it. Either leave it as it is or expand now. I think either going 100 to the south or 50 to the south and 50 to the east are both doable. But I'm also okay with the current size too. We'll just fill up quicker, and we'll need to keep the town builds compact. But if we are going to do it we need to move soon.

jims996

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelSariel Sun May 31, 2015 6:12 pm

Once the village is set up it doesn't matter staff make it bigger but I think to be sure 100 blocks south
AxelSariel
AxelSariel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jims996 Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Well, I did a bit of work today expanding the walls about 50 blocks to the south and east. Afterwards, I saw the new rules on a 100 block buffer around villages. The new walls would violate that rule. So all the work I did today was for nothing and will have to be torn down. I'm a bit frustrated about the whole thing at the moment. Also the north wall may have a problem too.

jims996

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelSariel Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:36 pm

Ok, so to the north I agreed with blue a 40 block limit for both, we have 97 blocks wall to wall, therefore she can't expand no more to our side, though if she does it now we aren't official so stays like that, south we are good I believe cause it wouldn't be a problem to us the builds, and can't complain cause they have space, and they were here before, just leave 40 blocks to them as normal build to build distance, they aren't official villages still so the 100 rule doesn't apply for them, so yeah don't worry, thnx for ur work sorry I can't go there recently so tnx
AxelSariel
AxelSariel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum